Who: Sunrun, the nation's leading home solar company, will launch a solar-focused, interactive installation "pop up" experience called Powerhouse in San Diego, one of the nation's fastest-growing solar markets. Sunrun is hosting the Powerhouse at the Fashion Valley Mall beginning Friday, August 30.
Sunrun introduced the solar service model in 2007, and it is now the preferred way for homeowners to go solar in the nation's top solar markets. With solar service, Sunrun owns, insures, monitors, and maintains the solar panels on a homeowner's roof. Families don't need to buy the panels or worry about maintenance. They simply pay a fixed rate for the clean energy they use, often at a rate lower than what they're currently paying their local utility.
What: At the Powerhouse, Sunrun is showing homeowners exactly how solar can help them save, through a number of live demo features. Sunrun welcomes families to stop by and learn how they can start making better energy choices. Features include:
- An interactive "house" available for visitors to tour in-person, to learn how solar service works and how it can save them money
- On-site Sunrun representatives available to answer questions about all-things-solar
- The debut of Sunrun's LightMile solar design software tool€”using LightMile, onsite reps can work with homeowners at the Powerhouse to look up their address and build a digital mock-up of a solar system to see how it would fit their home and how much they could potentially save
- Activities to get the community involved, including free weekly yoga classes on-site, the energy analyzer photo booth experience, giveaways, theme days, and more
When/Where: 11:00am-7:00pm PDT from August 30 October 7, in the Fashion Valley Mall (7007 Friars Rd, San Diego). The Powerhouse will be located on the Lower Level, in front of the AMC Theatres. It is most easily accessible via the central south entrance.
Why: Consumers are eager to find smart ways to "hack" their lives by finding tools or easy swaps they can make to improve their lifestyle, whether for efficiency, money savings, or to reduce waste. One area homeowners don't often consider is their energy consumption, and many families still don't know they have a choice for less expensive, cleaner energy. With SDG&E rates increasing September 1, there could not be a better time to learn about different ways to manage home energy. Sunrun is debuting the Powerhouse to help consumers understand that they can do better when it comes to home energy use, solar service is a simple, affordable and worry-free option to take control of energy costs.
Assets: Visit Sunrun's blog for more details. High-res images and video b-roll are also available, including visuals of:
- The Powerhouse
- B-roll of a Powerhouse walkthrough
- Images and b-roll of the various demo stations
- Interviews with Sunrun representatives about the Powerhouse
- LightMile screenshots
Sunrun pioneered solar as a service, a way for homeowners to go solar without a significant upfront investment, and is the largest dedicated residential solar company in the U.S. Sunrun provides end-to-end service for homeowners to choose clean, solar energy and receive predictable pricing for solar energy for 20 years. The company designs, installs, finances, insures, monitors and maintains the solar panels on a homeowner's roof, while families pay just for the electricity at a lower rate than their current utility. Since Sunrun introduced solar as a service in 2007, it has become the preferred way for consumers to go solar in the nationâ€™s top solar markets. For more information please visit: www.sunrun.com.