The easy and affordable way to go solar.
With a solar lease or power purchase agreement (PPA), you don't have to pay the high upfront cost of panels, equipment, and installation. Instead of paying for a solar system, you pay a fixed monthly amount to install solar panels and use the electricity they generate. It's easy and affordable.
It's also popular. According to a recent report*, over 70% of homeowners in states with mature solar markets choose a solar lease or PPA.
Sunrun solar leasing makes residential solar energy more affordable. If you don't want to pay a large upfront cost, you can still go solar today by taking advantage of Sunrun's solar service.
- Sunrun purchases your home solar system and has it installed on your roof.
- You pay little to nothing upfront, and then a low, fixed amount every month.
- Sunrun takes complete care of the equipment for 20 years
Advantages of leasing solar panels
- It’s affordable — and flexible. With a solar lease, you don’t have to pay a lot upfront. But, if you have savings you’d like to use, you can pay more upfront and lower your fixed monthly payment.
- It’s worry-free. You don’t own the equipment, so you don’t have to worry about installation, monitoring, and repairs.
- It’s a fixed cost. Your monthly payment is low and fixed. You have control over your electric bill and don’t have to worry about a higher bill if the panels produces more electricity.
*Source: Greentech Media Research, 'U.S. Residential Solar PV Financing', February 2013.