Installation and Permitting Costs ~ 25%
- System Installation: Even before your system is up and running, you’ll need to pay for the cost of installation, which ranges from $2,000-$4,000.
- Permits & Fees: Local permitting and inspection fees can add over $2,500 to your solar costs. All in, permitting costs can total between $3,000-$6,000.
Sales, Marketing, and Operational Costs ~ 30%
- Monitoring: Monitoring equipment and/or services can cost up to a couple thousand dollars.
- Maintenance/Repairs: These costs will vary, depending on the situation, and include the cost of replacing the power inverter. Inverters typically need to be replaced one or two times during the life of your system.
- Additional operational and overhead costs can total around $4,000-$9,000 per installation.
Incentives can help lower the cost of solar power systems. As a homeowner, you’re eligible to receive 30% off the total cost of your photovoltaic system from the federal government in the form of a Federal Solar Tax Credit. If you purchase a home solar system, you may end up having to wait as long as 16 months to receive the benefit of the tax credit.
Simple Solar Solutions - Less Money
Sunrun invented a new approach to home solar - solar power as a service. We are like a solar power utility company on your roof. We buy your solar system and take care of it for the next 20 years. We cover all the cost of panels, inverter, hardware, permitting, installation, monitoring, and repairs – you only pay for the electricity your system produces.
Sunrun is also an expert at locating and monetizing government incentives. Sunrun handles all the paperwork and passes the benefits on to you immediately, so that you can see better long-term savings. Sunrun takes the guesswork out of the cost of solar power.
Over 60,000 homeowners have switched to solar with Sunrun.