Sunrun Inc. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from and about you when you visit the Sunrun websites, including www.sunrun.com and www.mysunrun.com, or use the Sunrun mobile application, mySunrun, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. The website and app are collectively referred to as the “Services.”
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information You Provide To Us
We may collect information directly from you when you provide it to us on the Services, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, financial account information (such as credit/debit card number and the corresponding CVV, expiration date, and billing address), referrals, and information about your solar activities, such as home ownership, home statistics, home energy usage or utility provider, or demographic information.
Information You Provide Through Third-Party Websites or Services. If you connect or link to us through a third-party website or service, such as a social media account, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third-party websites or services. This may include, but may not be limited to, your name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as online activity.
Information Automatically Collected
Site Visit Data: When you use the Services, we may automatically collect certain information from you, including, but not limited to, your IP address, browser type, device type, system type, unique device identifier, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services. We may also collect information about your use of the Services, including the date and time you visit the Services, the content, areas, or pages of the Services that you visit, the website or app from which you navigated to the Services, the page or app you visit after leaving the Services, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, as well as other click-stream or usage data, and whether you open, forward or click-through an email to the Services. For legal compliance purposes, we may also capture or record your interactions with www.sunrun.com to confirm that your information was submitted to us through www.sunrun.com.
For more information about your ability to opt out of participating in the collection of your web viewing data over time and across unaffiliated sites, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may use third-party service providers to support our Services and perform other business processes on our behalf, including, without limitation, to perform credit checks and process credit card payments. These third-party service providers will have access to your personal information needed to perform their business processes on our behalf, but may not use or share that personal information for purposes outside the scope of those business processes. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as data aggregators and public databases, or social networks or other third-party tools (including, but not limited to, WattzOn) that you use to connect with us. This information may include your name, demographic information, utility usage information, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as online activity.
Combination of Information
We may combine this information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through the Services, as well as information collected from other online or offline sources, including from third-party sources and from your installed solar system.
Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect from and about you:
- To present our Services and their contents to you.
- To analyze, improve, operate, and maintain the Services, our programs, services, and other systems, and to develop new products and services.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To assess the suitability of your home for a solar system.
- To allow you to take certain actions related to your account, including, but not limited to, tracking the progress of your solar system installation, making and managing payments, viewing billing history, calculating your post-solar savings, reviewing and monitoring your solar production, managing your account and contact information, and viewing and downloading your solar system agreement.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- To contact you via direct mail, email, and/or telemarketing regarding offers, contests, events, news, programs, and other retail opportunities from us and/or selected third parties that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing programs.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information to us.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose information that we collect from and about you:
- To our affiliated companies.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are required to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, in which personal information held about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To our marketing partners or other third parties not affiliated with us. These third parties may (i) transfer your information to their service providers to fulfill the requests you make via the Services, (ii) receive additional information about you from service providers and other third parties, and (iii) use the information collected from and about you (including the information received from us) to contact you via direct mail, email, and/or telemarketing with selected offers they believe may be of interest to you.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms of service (see www.sunrun.com/terms-of-service) and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- As described at the point of collection.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION & OPTING OUT
Unsubscribing from Communications from Us
We provide our customers, as well as individuals referred by our customers, with the opportunity to opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to placement, processing, fulfillment, or delivery of a product or service. To opt-out of marketing communications or to request to be added to our Do Not Call List or Do Not Mail List, you may use one of these convenient methods:
- Email Offers: If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email, or by sending us an email or writing to us at the addresses listed below. You should note that unsubscribing from our emails will not automatically unsubscribe you from emails sent by any third party, and you will need to separately unsubscribe from such third party’s communication, if desired.
- Direct Mail Offers: If you do not wish to be notified by postal mail regarding products, services, events, programs, and offers that we believe you may find of interest, send us an email or write to us at the addresses listed below.
- Telemarketing: If you do not want to receive marketing phone calls from us, you may: (i) email us at [email protected] with “Do Not Call” in the subject line; (ii) call customer care at 800-680-8554; (iii) ask to be placed on our Do Not Call list when you receive a call from us; or (iv) mail us at the address listed below. Once we place your name on our internal “Do Not Call” list, we will no longer call you for marketing purposes (unless you submit another inquiry or request another consultation/quote from us after your initial do-not-call request). We will honor your request as soon as reasonably practicable. You may still receive calls from third parties who are not calling on our behalf regarding their products and services, and you will need to separately request that those parties not call you.
Any third parties to whom we may disclose your information may have their own privacy policies which describe how they use and disclose your information, and your choices. If you want to learn more about their privacy practices, we encourage you to visit the websites of those third parties.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
If you become a Sunrun customer, you can create an account with us. You can contact your sales representative or Sunrun Customer Care representative to request a correction to or deletion of certain information you provided in connection with your account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to annually request certain information regarding our disclosure of their personal information to third parties, including affiliated third parties who may not share the Sunrun name, for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, write us at: Sunrun, Inc., Attn – Marketing, 595 Market Street, 29th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.
The Services may contain links to third parties who partner with us. If you use those links, these third parties may collect information about you. We do not control third-party links or how these third parties collect and use your personal information. If you have any questions about their privacy practices, you should view their privacy policies and/or contact those third parties directly.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
- Mail: Sunrun, Inc., Attn – Marketing (Privacy), 595 Market Street, 29th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Or via email to: [email protected]
- Or via our toll-free number: 855-478-6786
Last Updated: December 26, 2017