Protect Your Home with Solar and Battery Storage in Grand Prairie, Texas
Sunrun Can Help You Get Protection during Outages and Rising Energy Costs
Texans affected by power outages from 2008 to 2017.1
Texas’s residential electricity bills vs. the national average.2
Average number of sunny days per year in Grand Prairie, TX.3
Snowstorm Uri was an unprecedented weather event that created problems never faced before in the Lone Star State. The bitter cold, snow, and ice brought by the winter storm left millions of Texans in the cold and without electricity for days. Uri also revealed how fragile Texas’s power grid is4 when temperatures in Dallas, Texas dropped to their lowest since 1989,5 and electricity prices spiked to more than 10,000%.6
As climate change and extreme weather events continue to affect Texas, now, more than ever, we need to build a cleaner, more reliable, and affordable energy future. With Sunrun in Grand Prairie, Texas, you have the choice to start this future today.
How to Go Solar in Grand Prairie
The costs of rooftop solar panels and battery backup have plummeted.7,8 What’s more, Texas is one of the best states for solar in the U.S.7 It could be a cost-effective move if you team up with a Grand Prairie solar installer like Sunrun.
Sunrun is the leading residential solar and storage company in the country.9 We’re here to help you understand how solar may power your home during outages, how much it might save you, how your Grand Prairie solar installation can reduce your impact on the environment, and even what the panels would look like on your roof.
Find out in minutes which Sunrun solar plan, with or without energy storage, is the best match for your budget and unique energy needs with our easy-to-use Product Selector or by filling out the form below. There are also several solar incentives in Texas that could help you start your solar journey for less.
Get More from Your Solar Energy Production in Texas
- Qualify and make the switch to solar with Sunrun in Texas.
- Sign up for TXU Energy’s Renewable Buyback Plan. (Must live in a service area)
- Earn credits on your bill for the excess energy you produce and send to the grid.
- Use your earned credits to save money on future electric bills. In other states, this type of arrangement is known as net metering (NEM).
Best-in-class solar and storage
- Learn about Texas' solar incentives
- Find your ideal system and battery
- Get your cost to switch to solar
2940 N Hwy 360
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Office: (512) 501-4199
Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri: 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
We Have a Solar Plan for Almost Any Budget
Each Sunrun solar plan has unique advantages. Whether you decide to lease or own a solar power system, along with a solar battery in Grand Prairie, our goal is to ensure that you can make the switch as simple and affordable as possible. As one of the best solar installers in Dallas County, we’ll work hard so that you can benefit from your Grand Prairie solar panel installation for decades to come. We’ll even take care of the paperwork for you whenever we can.
Lease new Sunrun solar panels in Grand Prairie with as little as $0 down. Lock in predictable monthly rates and stay covered with our industry-leading Sunrun Guarantee.
Full Amount Lease
Prepay for up to 25 years of solar power in Grand Prairie for home use at the best price. Our Sunrun Guarantee also backs it.
Own a Grand Prairie home solar system, and you could build home value. You may qualify for Texas solar incentives, like the federal solar tax credit,*10 energy credits,11 and a property tax exemption.12
Solar + Brightbox™
Add Brightbox, Sunrun’s battery storage service, to your solar installation. This can help keep your devices and appliances running during outages, cloudy days, rainy afternoons, or at night.
High demand for electricity in summer and winter, paired with unpredictable weather, has put Texas at a higher risk of blackouts—like the major impacts caused by back-to-back winter storms, Uri and Viola.13
To protect the whole grid from going down during snowstorms, The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) imposed rolling blackouts. These blackouts left millions of homes without electricity for days.14,15
Brightbox can help you back up your entire home with a Tesla Powerwall, or you can back up just the rooms you need with an LG Chem solar battery.**
When the the sun is out, Brightbox can store clean, safe, and affordable backup power for later use.
Brightbox is the backup storage solution that puts you in control. It can turn on during an outage and will work to recharge until the grid's restored.
Unlike generators, Sunrun’s Brightbox home battery system doesn’t run on fossil fuels, which produce carbon monoxide (CO) that’s poisonous and dangerous for your health.16,17
Brightbox is fueled by the sun, so you can forget about the hassle of buying expensive gas and diesel. You can even monitor your Grand Prairie solar energy production and storage daily with the online dashboard and mobile app.
Our monthly lease and prepaid plans include 24/7 proactive monitoring and maintenance to ensure your system runs smoothly. This benefit sets Brightbox apart from the average home battery in Grand Prairie.
Take the First Step towards a Brighter Energy Future, Today
Texas is the highest producer of carbon dioxide (CO₂) emissions in the nation.18
We take pride in helping families in Grand Prairie reduce their carbon emissions, protect their homes during outages, and control their electric utility bills. Whenever you’re ready to create and store your own clean energy in Grand Prairie, use our Product Selector or request a free quote to get one-on-one service from our expert Solar Advisors. Together we can build a cleaner and more resilient energy future for all Texans that starts today.
Why Choose Sunrun in Grand Prairie?
Since 2007, hundreds of thousands of people have chosen Sunrun to join the clean energy revolution. To date, our customers’ solar photovoltaic (PV) systems have generated billions of kilowatt-hours (kWh) of clean, renewable energy and kept millions of tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) from entering the atmosphere. This is equivalent to preventing billions of pounds of coal or millions of gallons of gasoline from burning.19
American families can help us create a better energy future for the whole nation, one home solar installation at a time. See what people say about their experience with Sunrun.
1. Eaton Blackout Tracker Annual Report
3. Grand Prairie, TX annual sunny days
4. The Washington Post — Texas, the go-it-alone state, is rattled by the failure to keep the lights on
5. The Washington Post — Frigid, icy weather plague central and eastern U.S. while millions in Texas remain in the dark
6. A deep freeze sends Texas electricity prices soaring 10,000%
7. Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) — Texas solar price drop
8. U.S. battery storage systems price drop
9. Sunrun ranked as leading residential solar-plus-storage vendor
10. Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC)
11. TXU Energy Renewable Buyback plan
12. Texas solar property tax exemption
13. Weather.com — Millions of Texans left without power due to winter storms
14. Tech Times — Texas Power Outage 2021 Update: Rolling Blackouts Leave Homes at -40°, People Stuck Using Car Heaters
15. The Texas Tribune — Texas was "seconds and minutes" away from catastrophic monthslong blackouts, officials say
16. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) generator safety facts
17. CNN — Texas carbon monoxide poisonings spike due to winter storms
18. U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) energy-related carbon dioxide emissions by state
*We recommend contacting a tax professional to accurately determine the impact of the solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) on your federal taxes.
**One Tesla Powerwall stores 13.5 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of usable electricity, which can be used to back up the home for a day. An LG Chem solar battery holds 9.8 kWh, which can be used to back up essential parts of the home from 8 to 12 hours.