Solar and a Home Battery in San Antonio, Texas Are Your Next Smart Investments
Take Control during Power Outages and Bill Spikes with Sunrun
Texans affected by blackouts from 2008 to 2017.1
Texas solar price drop over the last five years.2
Average number of sunny days per year in San Antonio, TX.3
Snowstorm Uri brought historic cold weather to Texas and revealed how fragile its power grid is. More than four million Texans were left without electricity for days.4 In San Antonio, Texas, Winter Storm Uri was unlike anything seen in over 30 years.5 The temperatures fell to 6 °F (-14 °C)5 and left 300,000 San Antonians in the dark without heat.6
Snowstorm Uri’s deep-freeze disaster also caused electricity prices to spike more than 10,000%.7 Now with Sunrun’s solar and battery storage solutions, you have the chance to put a stop to the uncertainty.
How to Go Solar in San Antonio
Texas is one of the best states for solar in the U.S.2 On top of that, residential solar panel2 and battery storage prices have plummeted.8 It could be cost-effective to team up with a San Antonio solar company like Sunrun to gain energy freedom.
Sunrun is the leading residential solar and storage company in the country.9 We’re here to help you understand how solar may power your home during outages, how much it might save you, how your San Antonio solar installation can reduce your impact on the environment, and even what the panels would look like on your roof.
Discover in minutes if a system purchase or solar financing plan is the best fit for your budget and energy needs with our easy-to-use Product Selector. What’s more, several solar incentives in Texas could help you go solar for less.
Made-to-fit solar and storage
- Learn about Texas' solar incentives
- Find your ideal system and battery
- Get your cost to switch to solar
Get More from Your Solar Energy Production in Texas
- Qualify and make the switch to solar with Sunrun in Texas.
- Sign up for TXU Energy’s Renewable Buyback Plan. (Must live in a service area)
- Earn credits on your bill for the excess energy you produce and send to the grid.
- Use your earned credits to save money on future electric bills. In other states, this type of arrangement is known as net metering (NEM).
Own a System and Enjoy the Benefits of Solar for Decades
Each Sunrun system purchase plan offers unique advantages for San Antonio, Texas homeowners. Regardless of how you choose to own a system, with or without a solar battery, we’ll work hard so that you can benefit from your San Antonio solar panel installation for decades. In fact, we’re one of the best solar installers in Texas that you can team up with. When possible, we’ll even handle the paperwork for you.
Finance your home solar system in San Antonio with predictable, fixed monthly loan payments, a competitive interest rate, and little to no up-front cost. You may qualify for the same Texas solar incentives as paying for your system outright.
Buy new Sunrun solar panels in San Antonio, and you could boost your home value. You may qualify for Texas solar incentives, like the federal solar tax credit,*10 a property tax exemption,11 and bill credits for the excess San Antonio solar power you create.12 If you’re a CPS Energy customer, you could also qualify for a solar rebate.13
Solar + Brightbox™
Add Brightbox, Sunrun’s battery storage service, to your solar installation in San Antonio. This can help keep your devices and appliances running during outages, cloudy days, rainy afternoons, or at night.
High demand for electricity in summer and winter, paired with unpredictable weather, have put Texas at a higher risk of blackouts—like the major impacts caused by back-to-back winter storms, Uri and Viola.14
To protect the whole grid from going down during snowstorms, The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) imposed rolling blackouts. These blackouts left millions of homes without electricity for days.15,16
Brightbox can help you back up your entire home with a Tesla Powerwall, or you can back up just the rooms you need with an LG Chem solar battery.**
When the sun is out, Brightbox can store clean, safe, and affordable backup power for later use.
Brightbox is the San Antonio battery storage solution that puts you in control. It can turn on during an outage and will work to recharge until the grid's restored.
Unlike generators, Brightbox doesn’t run on fossil fuels, which produce carbon monoxide (CO) that’s poisonous and dangerous for your health.17,18
Brightbox is fueled by the sun, so you can forget about the hassle of buying expensive gas and diesel. You can even monitor your San Antonio solar energy production and storage daily with the online dashboard and mobile app.
With an energy storage solution like Brightbox, electricity is as reliable and local as you can get.
Texas Needs Renewable Energy Now More Than Ever
Texas is the highest producer of carbon dioxide (CO₂) emissions in the nation.19
We take pride in helping families create and store their own clean energy in San Antonio. This move can help you reduce your carbon emissions, protect your home during outages, and boost your control over rising energy costs. Ready to join the solar revolution? Try out our Product Selector or request a free quote to get one-on-one service from our expert Solar Advisors. Together we can build a cleaner and more resilient energy future for all Texans that starts today.
Why Choose Sunrun in San Antonio?
Since 2007, hundreds of thousands of people have chosen Sunrun to change the way they power their lives. To date, our customers’ solar panel systems have generated billions of kilowatt-hours (kWh) of clean, renewable energy and kept millions of tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) from entering the atmosphere. This is equivalent to preventing billions of pounds of coal or millions of gallons of gasoline from burning.20
American families can help us create a better energy future for the whole nation, one home solar panel installation at a time. See what people say about their experience with Sunrun.
1. Eaton Blackout Tracker Annual Report
3. San Antonio, TX sunny days per year
4. The Washington Post — Texas, the go-it-alone state, is rattled by the failure to keep the lights on
5. San Antonio Express-News — Big snow, record low temperatures set stage for icy week
6. ABC KSAT12 — Millions of Texans remain without electricity Wednesday with no timetable on relief
7. A deep freeze sends Texas electricity prices soaring 10,000%
8. U.S. battery storage price drop
9. Sunrun ranked as leading residential solar-plus-storage vendor
10. Federal Solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC)
11. TXU Energy Renewable Buyback plan
12. Texas solar property tax exemption
14. Weather.com — Millions of Texans left without power due to winter storms
15. Tech Times — Texas Power Outage 2021 Update: Rolling Blackouts Leave Homes at -40°, People Stuck Uing Car Heaters
16. The Texas Tribune — Texas was "seconds and minutes" away from catastrophic monthslong blackouts, officials say
17. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) generator safety facts
18. CNN — Texas carbon monoxide poisonings spike due to winter storms
19. U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) carbon dioxide (CO₂) emissions by state
*We recommend contacting a tax professional to accurately determine the impact of the solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) on your federal taxes.
**One Tesla Powerwall stores 13.5 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of usable electricity, which can be used to back up the home for a day. An LG Chem solar battery holds 9.8 kWh, which can be used to back up essential parts of the home from 8 to 12 hours.