What Are The Benefits of Solar Energy?
Solar energy is a well known source of clean energy. As the fossil fuel supply accessibility dwindles more each year, the cost will continue to be on an upward trajectory. Meanwhile, solar energy demand is at an all time high as more and more consumers make the switch to clean energy.
Rooftop solar energy makes it so homeowners can harness the sun to power their everyday lives, while decreasing their carbon output. There are surely some huge environmental benefits that come with going solar, but it doesn’t end there. Having your own solar energy system is convenient, low-maintenance and cost-effective.
Between saving the environment and your wallet, it’s no surprise that so many people are choosing solar.
See if you qualify for the
26% federal tax credit
Thanks so much! We'll call you shortly.
Sorry, we are not taking new customers in your area yet
Refer a friend. Get $1000
It’s often difficult to make a long-term decision. That’s what is so extraordinary about solar energy: it’s practically risk-free, with nothing but positive benefits on the other side. Long-term savings are one of the best features of switching to clean energy. When you choose to power your life with solar energy, you can expect to save in many ways, such as:
While leasing a system
- Little to $0 upfront costs and savings starting almost immediately
- Annual electric bills can be thousands of dollars. Solar energy helps reduce these costs.
- Long-term savings. Swap out your overpriced electric bill with solar and save for the next 25 years.
When purchasing a system
- Tax credit availability. Currently, the residential federal solar tax credit gives you a dollar-for-dollar reduction against your federal income tax equal to 26% of the final cost of solar energy systems you install on your home. This benefit exists through December 31, 2022. In 2023 the residential tax credit will step down step down to 22%. In 2024, the tax credit for residential solar ends.
- Certain states also offer incentives to help you go solar.
- Home value increase. On average, buyers are willing to pay $15,000 more for an average size solar system (3.6 kW), according to The New York Times.
While we understand that numbers speak louder than words, we know there’s more to solar than just your wallet. If you are like the majority of solar buyers today, then you know how much switching to renewable energy means to the planet. The importance of environmental impact cannot be overstressed.
With climate change at the forefront of global issues, it can be difficult to know how to make to a difference locally. Sure, you can pick up trash off the road, separate your recyclables properly, and that’s all great, but is it enough? By choosing solar energy you are drastically reducing your household carbon footprint.
There is no cap on the benefits of solar energy. The future is happening now. Renewable energy is the light that leads the way. Save money, reduce pollution, and start tapping solar energy today.
*We recommend contacting a tax professional to most accurately determine the impact of the federal solar tax credit on your federal taxes.
Federal and State Incentives for Going Solar
Sunrun’s Essential Guide to Solar Panel Incentives in 2018 Learn about solar...
Solar As An Alternative Energy Source
Why Choose An Alternative Energy Source? Are you wondering why our country should even...
Personalized solar energy consultation with Sunrun. Can be done in person or remotely.
4 Solar Energy Facts That Will Encourage You to Go Solar
Ever get that overwhelming feeling of dread before opening up your electric bill? Yeah, we know...