10 Questions for Sunrun Chief Policy Officer Anne Hoskins
Sunrun Team· 2
To start out the New Year we asked Sunrun’s Chief Policy Officer, Anne Hoskins, her thoughts on 2017 and the year ahead.
1) Looking back at 2017, what are you most proud of professionally and personally?
Personally: Settling into my new life in San Francisco!
Professionally: Leading the best energy policy team in the country-- they've made the world a better place with clean energy victories and contributions in Nevada, Texas, Illinois, Florida, New York and Puerto Rico.
2) Do you believe in New Year’s resolutions or intentions? What’s your resolution or intention for 2018?
I don't have a single resolution. I want to keep making a positive difference-- which seems more important now than in any other time in my adult life.
3) Do you have any bucket list items you're hoping to cross off this year?
We are expanding our family this summer-- with the wedding of one of our daughters. I won't cross this off my bucket list yet though-- still have 3 other kids to go!
4) What does creating a planet run by the sun actually look like to you?
It means making progress one house (or fire station!) at a time. House by house we clean the air and empower fellow citizens to make our energy system more sustainable.
5) How do you see Sunrun changing this year?
I am excited about seeing our new values in action--especially Courage. The Policy team is facing many political and policy challenges in 2018. I know they will "see what is missing in the world as an invitation to be that what is required" … and will take action to enable greater access to solar across the country.
6) What are your 3 biggest accomplishments in life?
- Raising 4 thoughtful, inspiring and socially conscious children
- Changing energy policy for the better as Sunrun's CPO, as a Public Service Commissioner and as an academic
- Embracing change and professional growth by working in multiple industries (solar, utility, telecomm) and sectors (private, non-profit and government)
7) What kind of example are you setting for your team in 2018?
I hope I am setting an example of being courageous and passionate when taking on our daily policy battles, but never at the expense of my or my team's integrity.
8) Besides Sunrun CEO Lynn Jurich, what other CEO do you look up to and why?
Geisha Williams, CEO of PG&E. As the first Latina CEO of a Fortune 500 Company, Geisha worked her way to the top of a major utility, through a series of technical and managerial positions. I like her personal style, her accessibility and her ability to balance her professional and personal life, having raised two daughters along the way.
9) What do you see as the biggest opportunity for humanity in 2018?
Our biggest opportunity is to "think globally, act locally". If everyone commits to making a positive difference within his/her community or workplace, the world will be a better place. Of course, at Sunrun we have the opportunity to help humanity every time we install a new solar system by reducing the threat of climate change. We help humanity one house at a time.
10) If you were a potential customer, why would you choose Sunrun?
I would choose Sunrun because I know Sunrun will be here for the long term and will stand by our product and service. I would also, of course, be drawn to Sunrun's clean energy advocacy!
If you're not already, be sure to follow Anne Hoskins on Twitter for all her latest solar policy insight.